Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

how much should it cost to have someone work on a vintage pedal?


Recommended Posts

looks like it may or may not be already true bypass

if you look at these two schems http://www.schematicheaven.com/effects/eh_badstone_phase.pdf

you can see that the first one is true bypass and the second one is not.

if you take the battery out and dont plug it in to a psu - can you still get a signal through it?


are you getting them to install a 3PDT? or are you sticking with the original DPDT?


id say it would take 30mins to an hour for a pro to figure out the wiring and resolder it.


the concern is that it is done properly ](*,) ive been in guitar stores where the guy who does the jobs like this really is just 'having a go' till it sounds right - not a good place to take your gear!


also id be conserned if someone told me "correct that and add true bypass" becasue all they will be doing is adding true bypass - they wont be 'modding the circuit' - that will bypass the input buffer, which will only stop tone suck when in bypass mode, it will still suck tone when on.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

The older the pedal, the lower tech the electronics parts are and the easier they are to service, mostly because the new ones are LSI chips on a board rather than discrete circuitry. Yours is full of FET's and Op-Amps. Unless you have some kind of attachment to a certain pedal, you are better off to buy a new one than repair it. I'd replace switches and pots, but in your case, it sounds like an op-amp replacement might be in order. You might end up with a bill that exceeds the replacement cost of the pedal. Music 123 sells it for around $80.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...