Gibson Brands Forums

AJ-500M case and strings...

wooglins

Two quesitons.

1. Does epiphone make a case for the AJ-500m? If so where can I find it for purchase.

2. I am going to have my new AJ-500M setup tommorow and I need to pick some strings. I am a newbie so I dont know a whole lot about all the different brands. Any suggestions? The DAddario EXP look good on paper. Should I go 80/20 Bronze or Phosphor Bronze? I am open to any brand of course, just dont know what to get.

Thanks in advance..

Two quesitons.

1. Does epiphone make a case for the AJ-500m? If so where can I find it for purchase.

2. I am going to have my new AJ-500M setup tommorow and I need to pick some strings. I am a newbie so I dont know a whole lot about all the different brands. Any suggestions? The DAddario EXP look good on paper. Should I go 80/20 Bronze or Phosphor Bronze? I am open to any brand of course' date=' just dont know what to get.

Thanks in advance..

[/quote']

Sweetwater sells cases for Masterbilt guitars. The dreadnaught case fits both AJ and DR models.

Strings are a very personal preference. I use Gibson Masterbuilt Phosphor Bronze on my Epiphone Masterbilt acoustics.

Red 333

Thanks for the info. I saw that case at sweetwater but was unsure if it would fit since it said dreadnaught. I went ahead and ordered it. Sweetwater has great service, called me right away to let me know my order had shipped. I think I will probably go with the EXP strings. Which ones are closest to the same size that comes on it? The light or extra light?

Strings are, to a large extent, a matter of taste. Preference depends on what type of sound you favor and what music you play.

That being said, it's always a good idea to use light gauge as most guitars are designed for them and they are much easier on the instrument. Move up to medium only if you can't get the sound you want with any brand of lights.

I've been terrifically impressed with John Pearse Phosphor Bronze lights. Well known luthier Roger Thurman turned me on to them and I think they sound terrific.

Congrats on your AJ500M. I have one and it's one of the finest sounding guitars I've ever owned.

Thanks for the great advice. I ended up trying a set of Elixr PB Nanowebs in light. I like them alot. They seem to be better than what was on it, and should last a while. The case came a few days ago and I was very pleasently suprised at how nice it was.

I am loving my AJ500M, it is really easy to play and learn on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweetwater sells cases for Masterbilt guitars. The dreadnaught case fits both AJ and DR models.

Strings are a very personal preference. I use Gibson Masterbuilt Phosphor Bronze on my Epiphone Masterbilt acoustics.

Red 333

no the dreadnaught case doesnt fit the aj. you need the edread. it is the only case that fits. also try john pearse. i have them on my taylor now and they sound amazing. will put some on my aj when it gets here next week

sweetwater has the masterbilt case coming in the next 2 days. is the original masterbilt case. just ordered it for 59 in including shipping. the last aj-500m i had i bought the edread case. but i figured this says masterbilt on the case and has the hygrometer built into the case may as well get it. anybody have any experience with the masterbilt cases?

Archived