Gibson Brands Forums

BC30 getting quieter?

I recently noticed that my Blues Custom 30 doesn't sound as loud as it used to. Since I live in an apartment, I used to barely crack the volume when playing later at night. But lately I've been turning it up a fair amount more without it being too loud. I was playing a little tonight and found myself wondering where my volume went.

Is that a sign of any common problem? Bad tubes, caps, etc? It might also be worth mentioning that my amp had a squealing/buzzing problem with my amp a few months back. Some new power tubes fixed it but the amp has hummed slightly ever since. I posted something about it here... http://forums.epiphone.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=5684 Ideas?

-Brandon

Boy no responses huh? I have no idea really but my frist thought was that maybe you're getting used to the volume so it doesn't sound as loud anymore? Sounds weird I know. You could alwasy ask the neighbors if it still sounds loud to them =D>

My amp buzzes too. Goes away when I play [-X

Boy no responses huh? I have no idea really but my frist thought was that maybe you're getting used to the volume so it doesn't sound as loud anymore? Sounds weird I know. You could alwasy ask the neighbors if it still sounds loud to them O:)

My amp buzzes too. Goes away when I play :-({|=

:-) Yeah, wasn't too worried about the warmup buzz. Just thought maybe it meant something together with the volume issue. I suppose I could just be getting used to the volume but I've had the amp for a couple years already. Maybe the single coils on my new Strat are still throwing me off. :-k

Archived