Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone riviera help, one of a kind possibly

Hiberna

i touched upon it last week however, i looked at it again and this is what stumped me.

the serial number was fairly normal, it was made in korea, peerless plant, 1997.

But the model was "Riviera VT SF". what the hell does it stand for? its not in the epi colour catalog.

the guitar is very diffrent too, it has an epiphone bigsby like vibrato bridge and the finish is a metallic gold, compared to my riviera which was the same line which has a frequenzintor and is cherry.

please help me finding out something about it.

Wild guess here....the SF usually means "Silver Flake" on the finish...but since your's is gold??? VT is probably Vibrato Tailpiece. Can't seem to find any references to the model "Riviera" you're alluding to, other than that of a "Silver Flake" version. Could the finish have "yellowed" and so it now appears to be more "gold?" Without photos, too...it's hard to tell. Is it a "sparkle" finish, or more like a "Gold Top" LP?

CB

wow good job charlie' date=' that the exact one could be the same one, its exactly the same i saw here in a 2nd hand shop in england.

its interesting that such a guitar traveled such a distance[/quote']

While not exceedingly common, those flake-job (they came in silver and it seems like some colors like red as well if memory serves) Rivieras also aren't that rare so I doubt it's the same guitar...

Mr.Nelson

thing is they are, because they think someone customised it and stuff or that its one of a kind

i tryed it out and its got a great tone, the only problem is that the electronics are shot in it. however they still want to ask £500 for it! (For you americans its $737.25)

i'll take the evidence ive gathered and try to take them down to £300

Archived