Gibson Brands Forums

New pedal day for me

davidg3333

I bought a Dunlop Crybaby on ebay. First new pedal in... oh wow I can't say... long time since I was sixteen. I had a fuzz wah once. Someone broke the fuzz on it and it fell into disuse, mainly because the strat knockoff I had was a piece of junk and the amplifier shocked me every time I used it. So I have only recently been re-electrified and am playing with components. The wah was first on my list. A tubescreamer or clone thereof is next.

Not a big deal for most of you, I know, but a new toy for me. :-k

A tubescreamer or clone thereof is next. :)

Tubescreamer kick ***! Try a Maxon OD-808. Maxon is the company who built tubescreamer for Ibanez in the late 70'. Same circuit, exact same chip, decent price. I have one. I don't use it in my band right now but I keep it like my old leather jacket.

Our daughter absconded with one digital camera. The other, a Canon, doesn't work any more. So no pictures until we buy a new one, perhaps a Nikon D40. I'll have to look into the tubescreamer you mentioned. Buildyourownclones is out until February and they seem to sell out of kits as soon as they get them in. I was thinking about a kit from General Guitar Gadgets.

Archived