Gibson Brands Forums

Help Identify Please

Eighthnote

I'm posting a pic of a guitar I think is an Epiphone but I'm not sure. Keep in mind I completely re-did this guitar. Everything and anything you see here (except the neck and body) is NOT original. I replaced EVERYTHING. I found this in a garage sale for 10 or 20 bucks and after many hours and a couple hundred dollars later this is what I came up with. Plays and sounds great. Has a distinct sound. Anyway if any of you can tell me what this guitar used to be I'd appreciate the input. PEACE................ Ok.....I just found out I can't post pics here............I'll put it on my profile pic. But that means you'll only see one of the pics.Thanks in advance. ( notice the extra long headstock)

mybuild3he3.th.jpg

mybuild2xa7.th.jpg

mybuild1jy6.th.jpg

I need to know if I'm doing this posting stuff correctly. Here are the links to the pics of the guitar. Remember nothing is stock on this guitar.

If its the one in your avatar, it looks like an Epiphone S-210 or 310. There were also S-400, 500, and 600 models. The 210s and 310s seemed to usually have the SSS config like yours. The higher models numbers, I believe usually had a Humbucker at the bridge.

I have an S-500 HSS config with some janky 2-point fulcrum standard bridge with fine tuners on it....yet uses a Floyd Rose non-recessed routing pattern.

So yeah, lests see some bigger pics of that guitar.

Any numbers on it anywhere? Backplate? Sticker on the neck?

Archived