Gibson Brands Forums

To Pedal, or not?

charlie brown

No reverb is a little extreme, but that was based on a true story. I was a Chairlift Operator in a Ski Resort and a couple of the department Supervisors had a little band that was playing in the Lounge. My supervisor got them to let me sit in for a song. They said, "We'll do Stormy Monday, do you know it?" of course I said I did and when they called me up I was all ready. They thought they were setting me up for a little humility, 'cause they gave me a perfectly clean strat, no reverb, no gain, just loud and clean. I could see delight on the Keyboardist face as it was getting to my solo. Little did they know when I said I knew Stormy Monday, I meant I knew T-Bone Walker, Allman Bros, Dereck and the Dominoes, BB King, and every version I could lay my hands on. So when I started Ripping out some classic T-Bone licks and every Chuck Berry thang I knew, all their faces dropped! My supervisor sat back and nodded his approval. I'd just struck a crippling blow in the Inter-departmental Rivalry that is Seasonal Employment.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived