Gibson Brands Forums

Removing the guitar part

IntelligentAl

Recently, my friend finally switched from acoustic to electric, so we and my friend who plays bass have started jamming. The trouble is, we like to play along with backing tracks but they always have rythm guitar and bass parts still on. Is there anything I can use to remove the guitar and bass parts from audio tracks. I tried searching the net for a program that would allow me to mute channels but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help, guys!

I had the tascam guitar trainer, before I got the micro cube.

And it would do very odd things..

like take out a part even when I didn't program it to.

Or remove a vocal instead of the guitar.

Or just not take the guitar out at all.

I sent it back.

Maybe I just got a dud, but for that money I was happy to just go with the roland.

Just a suggestion but.. a cheap drum machine... you have a g dec? .. and make your own tracks..

you can get a 4ch tape deck pretty cheap these days.. and all the tascams do a pretty good job..

I use my zoom 123 drum machine all the time and you can even punch in ques and so forth

with the finger pads. *it puts stuff in time for you, so you don't have to be an actual finger drummer*

TWANG

also..

there's a website I've lot the url to right now.. that offers backing tracks to a lot of songs.. and you can have the guitars off or on in different combinations.. I think they had a few sans bass lines.. and with or without vocals.

not a huge selection, but it may help!

I'll try to find the url.

Recently' date=' my friend finally switched from acoustic to electric, so we and my friend who plays bass have started jamming. The trouble is, we like to play along with backing tracks but they always have rythm guitar and bass parts still on. Is there anything I can use to remove the guitar and bass parts from audio tracks. I tried searching the net for a program that would allow me to mute channels but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help, guys![/quote']

I wonder if this will do the trick that we both want.

Have you seen this one ?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-JamVOX-Guitar-Jam-and-Practice-Tool-105146310-i1425115.gc

Osprey' date=' that Vox thing looks great. Unfortuantely, I just can't afford to spend that kind of money on it. That's why I was hoping for ready made backing tracks. What is it that you want it for? Same reason?[/quote']

Yes.

Do you know of any member that have any experience with this tool.

Archived