Gibson Brands Forums

VS or Natural?

LHC- Jr.

I have seen SB that I like and some that I do not. I have never seen a Natural finish that I did not like. Given the choice, I would likely choose Natural finish. Having said all that, I just counted in my head, and I believe that I have nearly an equal amount of natural and sunburst acoustic guitars. I guess I do not know which I prefer. Guess I just buy guitars that sound good to me regardless of the finish!

I love sunburst tops generally. Not all of them. I don't like amber shaded tops for instance. I prefer the darker ones. And when I look at the pictures of Santa Cruz sunburst tops on their slope shoulder models...beautiful!

• 1 month later...
I have seen SB that I like and some that I do not. I have never seen a Natural finish that I did not like. Given the choice' date=' I would likely choose Natural finish. Having said all that, I just counted in my head, and I believe that I have nearly an equal amount of natural and sunburst acoustic guitars. I guess I do not know which I prefer. Guess I just buy guitars that sound good to me regardless of the finish![/quote']

I tend to agree with you Pete. In general I like a 2 color burst (no red) and in particular I prefer Gibson's 2 color burst acoustics (with no red.) The EL00 looks pretty nice... but i've only seen photos of it...

Archived