Gibson Brands Forums

TKL case

Macquarrie

I was just wondering. My wife bought me a TKL 8955 case for my Riviera that was delivered today. UPS dropped it off and it looks as if was stepped on except there was no boot print other than the size 10 piece of cardboard that is missing. I check it over pretty close and didn't find any damage but I noticed the stitiching near the handle is broken. The white stitching or thread or whatever it is is broken, not popped out or ripped just one broken and sticking out string. Not to sound like I'm a paranoid, nitpicking, psycho but will this become an issue later down the road? My wife paid a lot of money for the case and I don't want this to become something I should have taken care of sooner than later.

Any advice?

Mac, the paranoid, nitpicking, psycho in Seattle

If in doubt, send it back, and file a claim with UPS! Those "Turkey's" are always damaging packages!

I've gotten so I won't ship UPS, unless it's the only way! Fed Ex is (usually) better...but they're not perfect, either.

If, however...you find no real structural damage, and don't want the hassle of returning it, just glue

down the thread in question, and carry on! Unless the case itself is damaged, which should be easy

to determine...it won't cause any problems, down the road.

CB

Thanks CB,

I have had some pretty bad luck with UPS in the past and I don't really want to ship it back through them and risk another case being damaged on the return. There is no structural damage just the loose string but I don't have any real experience with what to look for or what to look out for with guitars and other equipment. Thanks for the advice!

Mac

I don't know about other places, but UPS seems to take pride in causing damage to parcels. I sometimes pay more for FedEx just because they seem to be much nicer to other people's property. When I bought my Line6 amp from MF, UPS had smashed the box up so badly, there were no "corners" on the box at all, just 6 sheets of brown cardboard loosely held together by tape. I've also had problems with them stealing the packages (tracking number leads to New Orleans only to ...... disappear).

Archived