Gibson Brands Forums

PROPHECY FUTURA EX?

KaydenCourtright

I've not played one, but would like to. I think they look cool.

That price seems high to me. These are going for $549.00 on Musician's Friend right now - that's about $685.00 Canadian. Will they go down on the price some?

There's a battery door to replace the batteries.

I'M THINKING ABOUT SAVING UP FOR A PROPHECY FUTURA EX' date='

AND I'M NOT SURE IF ITS WORTH IT. HAS ANYBODY PLAYED ONE?[/quote']

I did, and it was great, but I didn't like the way the body came so far out on to the neck. Id be more inclined to get an apparition, it's the same but with a special "cut-out/recess" on the back where the offending body part meets the neck.

Hey, Kayden!

Got your PM. I really can't speak to the Futura EX. I own both the SG and Les Paul models of the Prophecy GX series and they are wonderful guitars. I'm not a big fan of EMG pick-ups. They are good pups, but their harsher more metalic tone just dosen't work as well with my type of music ... I prefer the Dirty Fingers which can definately produce a growl, but can also clean up nicely.

The necks on these guitars are amazing. They are thin, fast and the ebony fretboard makes them as slick as you'd ever want. I'm no sure what the third knob on the Futura does. Both the SG and he LP have have two knobs (volume and tone) and a 3-way pick-up selector switch.

So there you have it. I'd encourage you to play as many of them as you can ... and maybe give the GX's a whirl as well. For that kind of money I'm sure you want to get as much versatility out of your guitar as you can. Please let us know what you decide and remember to post pics! Have fun!

MIDI

Archived