Gibson Brands Forums

Squier just raised the bar!!!

ralphtown

I got one of these on Ebay that a guy added Dimarzios to. Kick *** guitar! The only downside is that it's made in India (ouch there goes the resale value) and it has a very heavy gloss finish. It does have a high quality feel to it, surprisingly enough.

sqvintmodtele.jpg

Well' date=' after checking MF, just out of curiosity, on MIM "Classic" (50's & 60's) Strats....$869.99-919.99!!!

;>O So, these "Classic Vibe" Squires, are looking better, all the time! Amazing...

CB[/quote']

MIM Teles were selling for $339 during Christmas when I bought the Squire tele. There was a distinct improvement in sound and action when I tried the MIM after trying the Squire. I had to have the Tele in Butterscotch Blonde even though I knew that I would have to change the pickups. I ended up paying $169 + $134 for the Texas Specials that I installed myself. $304 was the total. After the fact, I think I would have been better off buying the MIM, but the BB Tele sure is pretty.

I'd make sure that I was happy with the Squire pickups before I made a decision. Factor in the cost of a pickup change out and then decide.

Archived