Gibson Brands Forums

Is the Wildkat discontinued?

Guest alanhindle

Guest alanhindle

I bought my Wildkat new in November and I had to email several UK suppliers before finding one at Imuso. One of the stores I contacted said it was now discontinued. Interestingly, mine is a 2006 Korean model. It was denifinitely brand new so I am guessing that the UK distributor must have obtained numerous Wildkats in that year and then, with the move of manufacturing operations to China, has been unable to obtain further supplies.

Are there any post 2006 Wildkats in circulation or has the Wildkat gone the same way as the Alleykat and Epiphone are just keeping it on the website for now while the distributors in the states or elsewhere still have them?

Alan

Guest alanhindle
The AlleyKat is' date=' but not the WildKat (at least not yet...)[/quote']

Yes, the Epi website has had that 'discontinued' note against the Alleykat for a while now so the supplier who told me that the Wildkat was discontinued could have got them mixed up.

However, it just seems strange that mine is a 2006 Korean made model yet I bought new at the end of 2008.

Alan

Wonder how much they'll cost in the states and how far in the future they are?

Hopefully not something like the Valve senior blank shot....those are like bigfoot...

I've only seen one European quote for €560 street. Usually that converts 1:1.

I remember seeing a sneak preview of both the new Zakk Wylde model and the new Swingster(Swingstar?) around the same time, and we know the ZV was just released so... I fully expect it to hit the streets before the Valve Senior...:-k

Archived