Gibson Brands Forums

Who owns an LP100?

Swoop

Just wondering if anyone owns an LP100 Les Paul. What are they like? Is their quality on par with the more expensive set neck models? Other than being a bolt neck, what are the differences between them and the equivalent set neck model? Bindings? I'm keen to get an Epi Les Paul, and I'm not partial to bolt necks or set necks. Part of me says I should go for that authentic set neck Les Paul, for that great sound and sustain. But I can't go past the more affordable price of the bolt neck LP100. Although I could go for a used set neck LP to keep my bank balance reasonably healthy.

I had owned an LP 100 and It was not as bad. It was nicely build, really good finish had to set it up a bit though but it worked fine..it sounded nice but it's also a fact that it's a starter Guitar. It definitely lacks sustain than the bolt on necks has a different neck feel, The tuners-Pickups need to be replaced and it's not worthed to go on and upgrade a LP100.

Overall I'd probably give it a 6.5/10

But I'd suggest Standards and above !!

I would buy a used Epi LP instead of the LP-100. Remember the Epi LP-100 is a budget/entry level guitar. You might be impressed with it at first but in the long run you will wish you gone up a model or two. Check out some used Epi LP Standards. I've seen them on Craigslist for as low as $300.00 U.S. Good luck!

Archived