Gibson Brands Forums

HNOGD! (Happy New Old Guitar Day, LOL) Not an epi, but still way cool!

generation zero

I think that you came out way ahead in that deal. Alot of the Fender guys own Japanese Strats and will tell you that the Japanese quality surpassed that of USA Fenders of the same time period.

My Strat is Japanese from the mid 80's and it is a great guitar.

Nice guitar score!

Interesting how it is wired.

Two thoughts - one is that Ishibashi (Japanese guitar retailer with excellent international sales dept) would probably stock antigua Strat pickguards, Fender Japan is still doing them. Website here.

The other - with the three bolt neck, the tiny hole is a micro-tilt adjustment, an allen key down there can do the same thing as shimming the neck to get a better action.

Guest icantbuyafender

So' date=' there's no way to get the same end result of a reverse wound pup by wiring it differently, or installing it "backwards"? I really like the idea of having two of the tele neck style pickup with the covered Gibson bucker... Maybe I can talk to the guys at GFS and get them to make me one reverse wound?

[/quote']

youre right. just buy two tele neck chromes, but, get a hotter one for the neck and the "cooler" one....

drop it in 180 degrees around (leads pointing to the neck) and presto.

I hadnt thought about it like that

now youd be able to wire a 5 way switch classic fat strat style.

good one, jason!

youre right. just buy two tele neck chromes' date=' but, get a hotter one for the neck and the "cooler" one....

drop it in 180 degrees around (leads pointing to the neck) and presto.

I hadnt thought about it like that

now youd be able to wire a 5 way switch classic fat strat style.

good one, jason![/quote']

Cool, I'll probably try that first then... If I'm not happy with that tone, I'll try the lipstick in the mid position, but for no more than I would probably use anything but the bridge pup anyway, it will probably be fine. Now it's off to research concentric pots and knobs, LOL...

Archived