Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200 Artist limited edition?

Richard89

Hello! I'm thinking of buying an EJ-200, and saw this one on the German online store Thomann.de:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_ej_200_artist_limited_edition_3.htm

I guess it's just a "simpler" version of the EJ-200, I have searched for more info about this model, but can't find anything more about it, not even Epiphone has this model on their website. Maybe it's a limited run, only for Thomann.de, in Europe. Its avaliable in natural, vintage sunburst and black. There's also a Hummingbird artist on their site.

Anyway, does anybody here know anything about these guitars? I have tried the regular EJ-200 and liked it, so if there are only cosmetic differences between the regular and this "artist" version, I would rather buy the "artist" which costs almost half as much than the regular one. One thing I am a bit worried about is the neck, maybe it has a different profile or something?

Haven't seen one. Looks like a plain jane jumbo to me.. probably the same in all but cosmetic aspects.

Laminated woods.. so not exactly top of the tone line.. but probably a decent player.

TWANG

I like the simple look of that Limited Edition EJ200 better than the regular one.

I don't know why they just don't put solid tops on the 200's?

Yes, I'd say it's a special run for Thomann. Musician's Friend here in the US is always doing "Limited Edition", special runs of different guitars.

Yeah it looks preety nice actually, what I'm most worried about is that the quality/sound/feeling etc would not be as good as the regular. But well, at that price it doesn't matter so much. I will probably order one, either a natural or a black I think..

The Hummingbird artists are also cool:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_hummingbird_artist_limited_eb.htm

Archived