Gibson Brands Forums

Locking Tuners on a Wildkat?

Dylan1281734152

Grovers should go right in, unless the wildkat has a different style tuner..

are they the vintage kluson types on wildkats?

I think it's a good idea anytime you've got a whammy.

And I think it's a good idea if you don't!

TWANG

Grover minis, Twang...at least mine does...don't think they changed with newer models...

Dylan-you aren't crazy to want to do this. Having tuning issues w/ the Bigsby I take it?

Tried graphite? I apply a little at the bridge and nut at string change time...I don't have tuning issues w/ my Kat, and I definitely utilize the Bigsby. Strings need to be primed, can't be past their prime or before it...also-when detuning begins to occur, try pulling "up" a tad on the bar...often everything will slip right back in-won't even need to touch the tuners. Bigsby rules! Wildkat reigns! P90's...divine!

That said, nothing wrong with going the locking tuning and/or roller bridge route. Make sure it's necesary before you spend the bread though. Graphite is a very easy homeopathic remedy for this. It will often work.

Thanks guys. Your replies were very helpful.

Actually, I'm not that concerned about tuning issues with the Bigsby. I always use graphite, and understand the concept. I'm just interested in the idea of locking tuners. I've never used them before, and thought that this guitar could benefit the most from the addition (due to the Bigsby).

I think that the Wildkat is a kickin' guitar. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one.

Rock on!

Dylan

Archived