Gibson Brands Forums

Ibenez tube screamer

Maxon originally manufactured this circuit for Ibanez to use in their "Tubescreamer" TS-808. I am told that it is as good as/better than the Ibanez version' date=' as well as cheaper. [/quote']

Yes sir, that be true. The ones I've tried are pretty good IMO. To me they are not better but different. At any rate so many less expensive pedals now a days that can get you there I think.

If I was to spend that kind of money on one OD I belive I'd check into the Visual Sound Double Trouble. Two 808 clones in one package for under 150. I've tried the single one and really like the way they sound. Again, to me not better sounding than the others just different. Although the one draw back would be it's foot print...than again no bigger than having two stomp bpxes side by side I guess. Nothing like the Line 6 DL4 that's for sure.

Here's the compare link to MF web site with some of them. BTW...I see the TS7 is still being made. That's not a bad OD pedal either...really should check one out if given a chance. LOL, I also got two of those myself O:)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=150484&base_pid=150478&base_pid=150343&base_pid=150284&base_pid=150285&base_pid=150286&base_pid=152501&base_pid=155056&base_pid=155025

Archived