Gibson Brands Forums

Wiring for 335 (DOT)

twiggy

hi guys, first of all, sorry for repeated topic (i'm pretty sure it is), but I couldn't find what I'm looking for using search option.

I just bought myself a nice pair of '57 classic pickups and going to upgrade my dot to it's final stage. So thought if i'm taking all electronics out, there's no way i'm going to put it back unchanged (+ my switch is starting to crackle time to time). I found all these nice mojo wiring kits long time ago, and it looks really good. The only thing I can't find is which type of pots I need to get. Mojo kit has short shaft, but bloke in the video tutorial talks about enlarging holes. Since i'm going to do it myself, i'd prefer to get ones which would slide into without drilling. So lads, which type of pots I should get?

thanks for help, once again!

hi guys' date=' first of all, sorry for repeated topic (i'm pretty sure it is), but I couldn't find what I'm looking for using search option.

I just bought myself a nice pair of '57 classic pickups and going to upgrade my dot to it's final stage. So thought if i'm taking all electronics out, there's no way i'm going to put it back unchanged (+ my switch is starting to crackle time to time). I found all these nice mojo wiring kits long time ago, and it looks really good. The only thing I can't find is which type of pots I need to get. Mojo kit has short shaft, but bloke in the video tutorial talks about enlarging holes. Since i'm going to do it myself, i'd prefer to get ones which would slide into without drilling. So lads, which type of pots I should get?

thanks for help, once again![/quote']

You don't need to drill, a few strokes with a round file will be enough to open the holes up.

Archived