Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Trainer

JeffW

I'm in the market for a guitar trainer that I can use to play along with my CDs. The only ones I've been able to find are the stand alone types, such as Tamara.

I have a VOX VT50. The amp has a headphone out jack, but no input jacks except for the guitar input and an external speaker jack.

I'd like to find a device that will allow me to use the headphones in the amp and have CD input somewhere in the line so I can hear the guitar and CD together.

Anyone know where I can find one if they exist?

I'd like to find a device that will allow me to use the headphones in the amp and have CD input somewhere in the line so I can hear the guitar and CD together.

Don't know what kind of stuff you have...like A/B type boxes. But a trip to a Radio Shack type place to get a 3 way cable splitter plus an adpter plug should get you what you want pretty cheap.

Tascam CD-GT2 Portable CD Guitar Trainer

I own one of these little jewels, probably one of the most useful little

goodies I've bought lately. I'm not sure if this will exactly fit your needs, but:

you can plug guitar directly into tascam, then go "line out" from 1/8" jack up to

1/4" amp input, then use headphones on amp. This is based on looking at my

instruction manual.

Or, plug git directly into tascam, then use headphones to hear both.

I plug my git into amp, plug tascam out into boom box, then just turn up as low or loud

on both as the mood and alcohol consumption level dictates!

The CD-GT2 is one cool device! Has so many capabilities. Tune your git, play cd - if CD isn't

"in tune with your git, you can tweak the pitch to match YOUR tuning, either in cents or in full

keys. You can remove guitar parts from playback so that YOU supply the guitar parts. You can

change playback speed while REMAINING in TUNE to slow down those fast lead runs on CD

in order to pick them up note for note. And on and on and on.......So many functions.

OR, just power up and play along with CD just to have "someone" to jam with when there

isn't anyone available!!!! I LOVE this thing!!!!

Saw Peter's post pop up while I was Typing, see he recommended tascam, too.

I eventually bought the power supply for it - this sucker will eat batteries, 5 hours of

play time, then "poof", it's gone.....

Link: http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-CDGT2-Portable-CD-Guitar-Trainer?sku=242037

Archived