Gibson Brands Forums

guitar pickup booster

Guest icantbuyafender1281734135

Guest icantbuyafender

the seymour duncan pup booster....

is this the equivilant of every other decibel booster in its ability to overdrive an amp's tubes?

i found i like just smackin my strings and really digging in to get my overdrive, any one know if this will go nicely with a big muff and compressor?

i just want to drive my tubes to get natural gain.

is there really any real difference between strictly decibel only boosters out there?

Doesn't a compressor defeat the whole purpose of being able to dig into your strings? I guess it depends on the threshhold, but I believe that what you are gaining with the pickup booster pedal is clean decibels, so if it's after the compressor I'd assume it would be helpful for that little oomph to push you over the top.

Doesn't a compressor defeat the whole purpose of being able to dig into your strings?.

A friend of mine likes to use compression on everything. It's a good thing for him' date=' because his playing style works well with a compressor. I have tried it, but it bothers me, because I really like dynamics and I will often dig in to make it growl, but a compressor just cuts it off. I like to be quiet when I should be quiet and loud when I should be LOUD.

default_eusa_wall.gif Psalm 33:3 :-k

I use one when gigging. It has 3 settings, one of which gives you a straight lift in volume without changing the signal. The others alter frequencies, so you can boost the mids on a single coil guitar if you want. On the "straight" setting it doesn't seem to add any noticeable distortion, which is what I like about it. I use it to lift my volume for soloing when my amp is on clean setting. It works for me. The chicken-head pointer is handy because you can move the level with your foot while playing, if it isn't quite right.

Guest icantbuyafender

i love the compression effect on a tube amp and chorus pedal.

its like, angels singin', then stomp the tube driver and let the demons scream!

Archived