Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge pins for Masterbilt

pbankey

Hey everyone,

New to the forum... and to Epiphone! I recently snagged an AJ-500M (demo model) for $250. The guitar is absolutely gorgeous and plays like no other guitar I've ever heard for it's price. I tried to run a search to see if I could get some relevant results but can't seem to find what I was looking for.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows the size (or even better, a direct place to buy ones that fit my guitar) of the bridge pins that fit in the Masterbilt. I saved a TON of money buying this guitar so I might as well upgrade the pins to something more nicer and natural looking, like a snakewood/ivory/bone. Does anyone have any information that could help me out? Thanks!

One thing I know is that I have a set of martin bridge pins (the ones in the plastic case) and they are a tad too fat right below the skirt area to fit my bridge, so I probably something that's more slender throughout the length.

Hey everyone' date='

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows the size (or even better, a direct place to buy ones that fit my guitar) of the bridge pins that fit in the Masterbilt.[/quote']

Give Bob Colosi a call, you'll find bone and ivory bridge pins at:

www.guitarsaddles.com

Bob will need some rather detailed measurements from one of your pins to get the size and taper right--most guitar manufacturers use a variety of different bridge pins, so it's difficult to pin this down (pun intended) without those detailed measurements or an actual pin for Bob to measure, himself. It is possible he may have the data from supplying a previous Masterbilt owner, you'd need to talk to Bob.

Bob offers great products and excellent service. If you call the phone number listed on his website, Bob answers the phone.

Dugly :-k

To my tin ear, a change in bridge pins has never made a significant difference in sound, but if you want to avoid having plastic on you guitar -- which I can understand -- try out this link:

www.stewmac.com

And remember, you can always sand down the pins yourself, if they're a bit too thick.

Hello, new to the forum but I've been lurking around for months and I've gotten helpful information/tips

on some acoustic guitar related topics... so, thanks to all :)

Anyhow, to pbankey:

I also own an AJ500m, actually it's the me version...switched to bone pins which I bought from Custom Inlay

sometime in October last year...the 1.3 pin size really fits well..here's their website:

http://www.custominlay.com/

Archived