Gibson Brands Forums

Best in case hygrometer

ajsc

I bought a bunch off eBay from China. They all match my expensive electronic John Pearse hygrometer but cost $43 less each. With shipping they were $8 per unit.

You can usually find them under hygrometer search but you should also try cigar humidor as sometimes Chinglish grammar is not all it's cracked up to be. Certainly, the hygrometers I mention are being marketed to the cigar smokers.

If you really want the John Pearse model it is the most accurate I have found. Still, the Chinese ones I ordered from Hong Kong give the same reading. I ordered 24 and all of them were bang on.

Looking for something to monitor the humidity level inside the guitar case.

I have a little pet python and inside his terrarium is a combo hydrometer/thermometer (2 dials)....it cost around 20-30 bucks at the pet store. I might grab another for my guitar case...it's small enough and i think it would work just fine.

the pet store had several to choose from, so anyone looking for one and can't find one maybe check out your local pet store!

keep in mind that small analog hydrometers (even the better "brand" name ones like mine) are notoriously inaccurate. But it's a good ball park and better than nothing. Thermometers on the other hand tend to be fairly accurate.

digital hydrometers might be better, dunno.

Archived