Gibson Brands Forums

Snakepit Les Paul : pickups ??

bert24

Hello,

I have a Epiphone Les paul Snakepit from Korea 1995.

I want to know what kind of pickups it is... All the guitar is in the original form And I can't find this informations .

Thnak you.

Bertrand

Sorrye for my english technical words ....

micros = pickups I modified .....

I want to put SD Alnico pro 2 to that guitar ... I very appreciate the design of the guitar but I want to get a better sound.... But I don't know what pickups are on this guitar ....

Do you think it is possible ?? and will I have a better sound ??

Thank you

Bertrand

I want to put SD Alnico pro 2 to that guitar ... I very appreciate the design of the guitar but I want to get a better sound.... But I don't know what pickups are on this guitar ....

Do you think it is possible ?? and will I have a better sound ??

The Epiphone version of the Snakepit LP has "Epiphone '57 Classics"

General opinion on these pickups tends to vary a bit on the forum...:-

In my opinion your guitar will surely benefit from a pickup change. The SD Alnico2 Pros are excellent replacements, and will take you one step closer to the Slash sound. :)

It's easy if you know how to solder.

Being 1995 it probably has the older style generic humbuckers. The so-called 'designed by Gibson' pickups didn't show up until somewhere around 1998. Replace them but keep the originals around in case you ever want to sell the guitar.

Hi

thank for your comment.

What is the difference between these 2 pickups ?? which one is better ??

And if I can them to SD ALnico 2 which differences will I hear ?? And will I have less shuffle with the new pickups (maybe my amp is not good too ; marshall walvestate 30W ..)

Thank you

Bertrand

Alnico Pro IIs will sound very good. Perfect choice for a 'Slash' guitar. Don't waste time comparing the originals... no matter what, they are mediocre at best and definitely not in the same ballpark as the Seymour Duncans.

Archived