Gibson Brands Forums

Yet another "is my guiatr a fake?" post

dfarrell

I pulled the pickup cover off of one of the pickups that came out of my Les Paul, and what do you think I found? In the lower right hand corner of the pickup it has the B.C. Rich logo!?!? The pickup has all the epiphone markings and stickers on the back of it. The guitar itself was purchased about 2 years ago, through e-bay. At the time, I wasn't aware of fakes epiphones, so I didn't think too much about it being fake. Plus it is stamped "used" on the back of the Headstock, and was sold as a "B Stock" guitar, so I've always kind of figured that someone making fake epiphones wouldn't de-value the guitar by marking it as used. Anyway - what do you guys think of all that?

To be honest dfarrell I'm past caring.

It seems pretty much like every other thread is an 'is this a fake' thread. Epiphone don't seem to want to do anything about it so why worry? You'll never know anyway unless the seller can provide a receipt proving where it was bought new.

So, if it looks nice and plays nice then that's all that matters. Otherwise it's just another MIC guitar like the current crop of Epis. They all seem to look nicely built and I've never heard anybody say that their 'fake' plays badly.

Let's face it, when the US guitar companies moved manufacturing to China, QC went out the window. Chances are it's a genuine Epi, but they ran out of one pickup and substituted another to complete the run. I know nothing about BCR pups, but who cares if it sounds and plays OK and you didn't pay $2,500 for it...

I'm not losing any sleep over it. I've been using the guitar for 2 years now, and I have modified it to siut my taste, so weather it is real or not isn't going to change my opinion of it. I'm just mostly wondering if others have found similar surprises on their guitars.

Archived