Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Les Paul Classic /w GFS Mean 90's

w1av

Hello,

I had my Epi LP Classic worked on and got nice new GFS Mean 90's put in. I also had the guitar completely detailed....adjusted everything to perfection....individual pickup pole screws each adjusted so all the strings are equal output. Neck slightly adjusted, everything....I had posted last week of a problem with the overdriven sound being to "fuzzy"....well we went back to shop and made some minor adjustments to pickup height....and action....seems to behave better. I think strings were a tad too low. However we did notice that the neck pickup is still a little bassy. When playing the bridge pickup, or both together, the tone is fine, but the neck is still a little thick.

My question is can I replace the TONE POT/CAP for the NECK? And what value would I need to bring out more treble? I am getting so close to the pefect sound. This guitar is so nice....feels good to hold and plays beautifully. I think it is way better than some of the high end Gibsons I have checked out in the store. :-

Hello' date='

I had my Epi LP Classic worked on and got nice new GFS Mean 90's put in. I also had the guitar completely detailed....adjusted everything to perfection....individual pickup pole screws each adjusted so all the strings are equal output. Neck slightly adjusted, everything....I had posted last week of a problem with the overdriven sound being to "fuzzy"....well we went back to shop and made some minor adjustments to pickup height....and action....seems to behave better. I think strings were a tad too low. However we did notice that the neck pickup is still a little bassy. When playing the bridge pickup, or both together, the tone is fine, but the neck is still a little thick.

My question is can I replace the TONE POT/CAP for the NECK? And what value would I need to bring out more treble? I am getting so close to the pefect sound. This guitar is so nice....feels good to hold and plays beautifully. I think it is way better than some of the high end Gibsons I have checked out in the store. :- [/quote']

just lower the bass side of the neck pickup. not the pole pieces, the whole pickup. that should help a little...GFS pickups have the reputation of deep low end.

I've got a set of Mean 90s on the way for my Japanese Epiphone SG.

Jeff

Archived