Gibson Brands Forums

Thunderbird control's

switchblade stu

Hey guys, new to the forum so hello to all!!

Quick question: Is there any way of changing the tone/volume controls on the bass?

I have had a look inside the electronics section and i cannot see any clear way of changing the tone/volume controls!

Help!!

Any advice or pointers on how i can go about doing this would be great!

Thanks,

Stu

EDIT: I thought i would clarify a point. I do not want to replace the actual electronics, mearly the control itself, i have a custom control that i would like to add on but can find no way of doing this, i cant see any holes for an allen key to be inserted

Are you talking about just the knob? If so, I imagine you just pull it off.....might be kind of hard, but just pull with even force and maybe rock it back and forth just a little. If there is no allen or set screw of any type, then they are just push on knobs...

Are you talking about just the knob? If so' date=' I imagine you just pull it off.....might be kind of hard, but just pull with even force and maybe rock it back and forth just a little. If there is no allen or set screw of any type, then they are just push on knobs...[/quote']

....but if they are VERY tight proceed with caution. I did this on my Epi Chet Atkins and the knob came off and brought the whole shaft with it.

JG

....but if they are VERY tight proceed with caution. I did this on my Epi Chet Atkins and the knob came off and brought the whole shaft with it.

JG

Yup, did that to my strat. In this situation I recommend using a hair dryer to warm the knob up then grab it with a towel and give it a tug, worked ace for me.

Archived