Gibson Brands Forums

G-310 Neck replacement

Toejammer

I know, it's probably not worth replacing, but I've got all of $50 into it, and more importantly my grandson loves it. So if gramps can fix it back up for him, it would be worth it.

I know another G-310 neck will fit. Also the Epi SG Special should work. I'm wondering if the Epi LP JR / 100 would sit in the pocket right. Any other necks that might be a drop in ?

I looked all over the net, trying to find any mention of people modding these things out. But all I could find were P/U swaps, bridge replacements, etc. Guess when the neck goes, you just cannabilize the electronics and toss the rest !!

Thanks !

I'm guessing the current neck is broken? Your best bet is probably to scout ebay, etc, and pick up a used Special, or another G-310. You can pick them up pretty cheap. Just poach the neck off it for your guitar, and keep the rest as spare parts.

Not so sure how an LP Special/JR/100 neck will fit on a G-310. Logically, you would think it is a match, but you never know. They are very different body styles.

As far as a G-310/SG Special neck swap is concerned, again, logically they shold fit together, but who knows how well the screws holes or the pocket will align. Another thing you may want to think about it the tuners. A G-310 will have higher quality tuners and different sized tuner holes in the headstock. G-310 = 10mm / Special = 8mm.

Not so sure how an LP Special/JR/100 neck will fit on a G-310. Logically' date=' you would think it is a match, but you never know. They are very different body styles.

As far as a G-310/SG Special neck swap is concerned, again, logically they shold fit together, but who knows how well the screws holes or the pocket will align. Another thing you may want to think about it the tuners. A G-310 will have higher quality tuners and different sized tuner holes in the headstock. G-310 = 10mm / Special = 8mm.

[/quote']

Thnx for the info, didn't know the tuners would be different sized. I thought it would be a swap out. No worries, thats what drill press is for. [biggrin]

Archived