Gibson Brands Forums

Buzzing Bridge

DJB08

Hello all...

So I have mild Buzzing happening around the bridge. I don't know if it's that the polls are loose or if it's something in the saddles...?

Either way. I said to a friend " How do I get rid of that buzz?" He kindly and simply said "Get a new bridge"

I feel like this has been on here many times. Can i get a link to a thread or any suggestions from someone who has upgraded the bridge on their DOT?

Thanks!

Hello all...

So I have mild Buzzing happening around the bridge. I don't know if it's that the polls are loose or if it's something in the saddles...?

Either way. I said to a friend " How do I get rid of that buzz?" He kindly and simply said "Get a new bridge"

I feel like this has been on here many times. Can i get a link to a thread or any suggestions from someone who has upgraded the bridge on their DOT?

Thanks!

I don't think you need to replace the bridge. I would try to determine what's buzzing (probably one of the intonation adjustment screws) and apply some clear nailpolish to the loose one. Or, you might want to dab each of them. Assuming your intonation is correct now, you should hardly ever have to adjust them, and it's not a permanent application. I've done with on the bridge of one of my guitars and find it works perfectly well and it's invisible.

Cheers

Archived