Gibson Brands Forums

PR 350 B

motster

Recently aquired an epiphone from a previous owner.

Looking for info:

Anywhere to get a copy of owners manual?

Anyone know what I bought?

It appears to be the pre model to the DR series, but I'm not certain of that.

Not certain what materials it's made of since its out of production.

Thanks for any friendly feedback!

Hello and Welcome!

A quick search and I found this info on the PR 350-B for you.

Your guitar has a solid spruce top, rosewood back and sides, 14-fret mahogany neck, cream-bound 20-fret rosewood fingerboard pearl slotted diamond inlays, 1-11/16" nut width, 25-1/2" scale, rosewood bridge, tortoise plastic pickguard, cream-bound body, b-w-b-w-b top purfling.

Does that sound about right? Hope it helped. Oh, I don't know if it comes with and owner's manual.

Sheila

Thank you Sheila for the welcome and the info!

How kind of you.

The binding is black not cream-bound 20-fret rosewood fingerboard.

other than that everything checks out.

Where may I go to gather data like you did?

Would this PR series now be called a DR Series?

I do like the guitar it is a beauty.

I Google a lot! Which is how I know you posted this on the Gibson Forum and got scooted away! BTW, you can post Gibson questions over here. We won't make you leave!

If you post pics of the guitar, those here can get a better idea and may have more info to offer.

Get multiple shots, including inside the sound hole, front and back of headstock, fretmarkers, full frontal.

Let me know if you need help doing that.

I don't know if it's the precurser to the DR. But I will go look!

Sheila

Does it look like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Epiphone-PR-350-B-Acoustic-Guitar-Case-setup_W0QQitemZ260541581731QQcmdZViewItemQQssPageNameZRSS:B:SRCH:US:101

Sheila

You did notice that I posted my questions on Gibson Forum. I felt kinda snobbed, but that's ok. They have earned their right of passage.

Yea I can take some pictures. I was gonna do that today any way.

I saw one of these this morning on a link through GUITAR RAMBLE, that went to e-bay.

I'd guess you saw the same, from your earlier descriptive reply.

That part about the cream binding on the neck puzzled me, because the e-bay picture looks like mine, black binding, as same as on the back.

This forum is fun and a great place to get tips & product info.

My PR was a closet case. It's mint. Not a blemish on it.

The guy that sold it to me has a couple of Gibsons and he aquired the EPI from a relative that gave up in a short time. The 2nd owner never played it 'cause he likes his Gibsons better. I'm tickled with it at $250.00 it came with a nylon strap & a cheapie case.

I think I may get an Epiphone E-dread case for my new baby.

I live very close to EPIPHONE headquarters in Nashville. I wonder if they have any historical info on the serial # / model? I may call them or e-mail.

I've got a PR350E. By serial number, it was made in 1991 in Korea. However, from looking at the sound hole, mine appears to be a Select (laminate) top instead of Solid. From what I understand, the PR (Presentation Series) is the precurser of the DR series.

Dean

Dean: it appears that the ebony PR 350 B was not a heavily produced model / perhaps black guitars aren't popular...I dunno, because I just got started on this long journey..OUCH I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGAS!

I'm 12 days into this and I am such a rookie. I play scales eevry day and have been looking at on line tutorials.

Having a great time with this.

Does / did your PR350 have a bit of a high action at the 12th?

I bought it used. But I checked the action with the specs on the Epi site for the gap at the 12th frett. My git was right on. Whoever had my git before, really took good care of it and kept it in EXCELLENT condition. The reason I got it for the good price I did was because the e-pickup doesn't work. It's my first git and I don't have an amp so the p/u not working is of no consequence to me. When I need to change strings, I'll get it fixed.

Dean

Archived