Gibson Brands Forums

pickups for an epi

aris17561

hello from greece ,

i am Aris

i have an epi les paul transamber... i like very much this instrument... it has very good quality...

i want to change the pickups with some gibson ones...i think i am near to burstbuckers..

i want my epi to be an all aroung instrument... in order to play from bon jovi and soft rock (maybe some blues and jazz too) to thrash metal...

do you agree for the burstbuckers ? and which burstbuckers ? 1 ? 2 ? 3 ? or pro ?

thank you very much

If you will be playing some metal with them, I recommend Gibson's Dirty Fingers, they are very hot, and very good for hard rock/metal, plus they clean up very nicely when you cut the volume.

Epiphone's Les Paul Prophecy GX comes with Dirty Fingers, so if you have access to a music store with one in stock, I highly recommend trying it out.

do you agree for the burstbuckers ? and which burstbuckers ? 1 ? 2 ? 3 ? or pro ?

The first three are unpotted and the pros potted if you play professionally and need assistance controlling the squealing and such then go for the potted pros.....I think another difference is the early Burstbuckers had alnico II magnets an later versions alnico V's

The early guitar gods like Clapton could keep unpotted well wound pups under control, but only you can judge your ability to do that in the setting you will be playing...just some thoughts on the pickups you mentioned.

Archived