Gibson Brands Forums

Did anybody pay attention?

tflanster

Regarding that Chinese site? I said - "if its too good to be true, it isn't true" or words to that effect.

So let me make it plain. Its a bogus site! I thought it would be interesting to see. I don't, nor would I, do business with any company, service, or any one there, nor am I suggesting anyone here do it either.

Don't want to beat on it but I must explain. I got the info from a guy I know who wanted to know if it's a legit site. I told the guy it's no doubt a scam and not to deal with it in any way. Then I put it here as sort of a warning. Guess I was mistaken. That's the first, only and last time I ever put a non-Gibson/Epi site or address here. Sorry 'bout that y'all. Learned a lesson. Mea culpa ;-(

It's cool ... I'm pretty sure we all get your intentions.

I think Epi is very lenient with what they let us discuss on this forum. The lounge (and electric) sections are FULL of discussions on other brands of guitars ... I know this because I post a TON of them myself! [crying]

Counterfeit guitars, understandably, are a different matter entirely. We all know they exist and unfortunately we have had the sad duty of telling some folks on here that they've been screwed. I think Duane's policy of killing any post that actually points to where these turds can be purchased is correct.

All right ... now about those Indonesian things ...

Jim

Archived