Gibson Brands Forums

need help to id this guitar

wardog

co-worker as me to help id his guitar from great grand father. i think it is a harmony. no name on it and the label in sound hole is gone. thanks for assistance. it is a half scale in need of attention.

sorry for pic quality, was taken on ipone in not so good office light

218e55e7.jpg

6cd571cc.jpg

4c68426a.jpg

8189647e.jpg

74195f49.jpg

af125e1f.jpg

found what looks to be a 4 digit number on upper brace south of soundhole, hard to make out. i think it is 1110. not sure if it is numbering the brace or the number of the guitar in series. bubby, what feature indicate to you it is an old gibson?

[. bubby, what feature indicate to you it is an old gibson?

The pinched waist, as well as the oversized lower bout. Also, the bridge is narrower than what is usually found on a Harmony. It could be a Gibson inspired copy, but I don't think that it's a Harmony. I could be wrong.

Mel

thanks for the help bubba. co-worker thinks it was his great uncle or grandfather's he want to try to date to see which family member it belonged too. at this point i can't find a single thing on it that would help. i adviced him to take to a luthier to refit bridge( 50% pulled away from guitar) and maybe the luthier can help id.

Without a headstock logo and no apparent history of re-finishing (from what I can see), I'd say "Gibson" no.

The back and top say 'Harmony like."

Tuners appear too nice for a Harmony. And they appear to be OEM.

Bridge appears to have been replaced.

i agree that it is not a gibson. i believe it to be a harmany that has been modded. the bridge on it is oem, but may have lifted from body once already and is lifting again. Co-worker is going to use as wall art. which i think is the best thing for it.

Archived