Gibson Brands Forums

My new SG 310!

olds_cool63

Got it yesterday in black!

If someone would be so kind as to tell me how to insert an image from my 'puter, I'd appreciate it!

I click on "insert image" and puts the tags in, but then what?

Oh, yeah...how do I decipher the serial number?

Thanks!

Ok...so I still need to work on the pics.

I'll give a try as soon as I get home and try to post up.

So, in the meantime, here are some first impressions.

The guitar is an absolute joy to play...very comfortable! The neck is exactly what I needed. It sounds good, sustains well. I haven't even changed the strings, yet! I cranked up the amp the day I got it and was really happy with what I heard. The pots are smooth and I get some good tones going. Unlike the Squier Strat Standard I had, this guitar actually stays in tune no matter how I wail on it.

Mods? Maybe later, but not necessary. I really think I made the best choice for me in getting the SG 310!

If nothing else, the G-310 has a very comfortable neck. Its one of my two 'go to' guitars (both Epiphones). And yeah, the pots are nice and smooth, and they stay in tune exceptionally well....until that G-string starts to go dead [biggrin]

Its too bad about your Squier Standard. Those are typically great guitars. Mine stays in tune great. I have a Squier Standard QMT Deluxe. It has the same (and in some regards, higher) specs than the MIM Fenders. I just cant warm up to the thinner neck. I cant believe you let it go for $70. Ouch! You know they will almost triple the price on resale. But hey, its for the greater good and you have something that suits you better, so I'm happy for you [crying]

Its too bad about your Squier Standard. Those are typically great guitars. Mine stays in tune great. I have a Squier Standard QMT Deluxe. It has the same (and in some regards' date=' higher) specs than the MIM Fenders. I just cant warm up to the thinner neck. I cant believe you let it go for $70. Ouch! You know they will almost triple the price on resale. But hey, its for the greater good and you have something that suits you better, so I'm happy for you :)[/quote']

Thanks, RobinTheHood.

I needed something to play right away and it was in it's case for 10 years, so didn't bother me much to see it go. I've played much better Strats and clones. Maybe I just got a dud. Too bad it took me 10 years to find out! I stored it like a month after I bought it 10 years ago and JUST started playing again. [blink]

Well, for my needs now, the SG 310 can't be beat. I'm really diggin' that 'tar! When I play it, I lose track of time (I feel like a kid again)!

Pics to follow!

Archived