Gibson Brands Forums

Alpine White Les Paul Junior

radiohead

Just picked this up from Sam Ash.. Anyone know more info about it? I don't see it on Epiphone's site.. Is it a Sam Ash exclusive? What does "tonewoods" mean? Is it just a slab of mahogany? The neck also feels slim.. almost the same profile as my Gibson ES-339 with the 30/60 neck. Also, what are the pickups that Epi usually pops in these? I just see an "E" on the bottom of the single humbucker.

http://www.samash.com/p/_-49953974

EGJRAWCH3_lg.jpg

cool, thanks for that link.. so it's an alder/maple sandwiched body i presume? surprised about the maple part actually, since it's a darker sounding guitar. the link also says "fast neck".. i guess i was correct in saying it's a slimmer profile. is the neck profile and the alpine white finish what makes it a "limited edition"?

is the neck profile and the alpine white finish what makes it a "limited edition"?

Generally its just a non standard color. Every once in a while you'll find different hardware, but the construction is always the same as the regular model, just painted and badged differently.

Been asking about the new Juniors and when they would be showing up! Guess you just answered it.

MF has only had black since the fall, and Sweetwater has been out of them for months.

So, anyother colors showing up? Anything particularly interesting about them? Inquiring minds want to know!

Sheila

EDIT: And has anyone heard anything about the supposed new P-90 version?

took it to practice last night, and i was pretty impressed with the way it sounded through a marshall dsl50 at the studio and also through my bogner duende. the pickup is def hotter than the 57 classics in my 339. the only complaints i have about this guitar is that there's an annoying buzzing on the first fret on the A,D,G strings.. i'm guessing the frets aren't leveled, as no matter how i adjusted the truss rod and bridge, the buzzing remained. the D string nut slot is also cut too deep. the tuners are pretty bad also.. i had to retune every song. but hey.. it's a $129 guitar.. so minor issues for the price i guess. otherwise.. i like how the neck feels and how the pickup sounded.

Archived