Gibson Brands Forums

Swingster standard equipment??

nicobravo

Hi, just wondering if anyone can answer this.....I found a used Emperor Swingster, Sunrise Orange, on the MF website and, with the March Madness discount, was able to get it for about $500. Kind of took a chance on it but ended up being pretty happy with it, as it really seems to be in mint condition.

Anyway, this particular Swingster came with a a clear plastic pick guard attached. It looks very good but, in all the photos I've seen of other Swingsters, I have not seen any others with any sort of pick guard. So, I'm wondering, did it come like this from the factory or was it added after the fact. It looks perfect on there so I'm guessing it must have come that way but then why is it not seen on other ones?

I ordered a Swingster from GC. It did have a clear pickguard, but it was not installed. I only had it for about a week, so I didn't install the pickguard. Plus, I think the clear pickguard would have made it look too much like a Gretsch. I exchanged it for an Epi Lucille. Love the sound of the Lucille.

Thanks for that feedback. I gotta cool it on the guitars though. Everytime I think I'm done' date=' I decide there is always room for one more. I must have the ultimate Epiphone collection by now...[/quote']

thats a pretty bold statement for someone that hasnt posted any pics[biggrin]

I'm really curious and slightly impressed by the Swingster.

I played one a while ago in one of the local stores, and it played very nicely.

Sounded really good, and looked good.

GAS attack.......even though I've just finished another project guitar!!

Archived