• Last Reply
[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

img0044qf.jpg

img0045e.jpg

img0053cu.jpg

img0051rz.jpg

img0047gl.jpg

here's my two best friends.

Wilhelm Fink (lp jr) and the new lp special that i haven't named yet. any suggestions for a name for the new one? should it be male of female?[confused]

I love what you did to that Junior. Satin finish and everything else. Its giving me GAS. I had a Junior Special back then but it never looked that good. I added a Mean 90 and it made it scream. It was a pretty good guitar.

I love what you did to that Junior. Satin finish and everything else. Its giving me GAS. I had a Junior Special back then but it never looked that good. I added a Mean 90 and it made it scream. It was a pretty good guitar.

thanks so much man! i made it the way i wanted it and if nobody liked it' date=' at least i did, you know? but it's really cool to have other people love my project too.

the satin finish came from weeks of sitting in front of the tv with sand paper, steel wool, and some razorblades (for the guitar! i listen to emo music, but i still love living....) and carefully destroying it until it got to this point. we had to widen the holes for the new tone and vol pots and when we did, the finish cracked (can't see it on the photos). it made my heart sink for a minute but then i remembered that i kinda wanted it to look old and beat up [confused

the kent armstrong p90 i installed is great. it sounds pretty good clean, but i play it through a vox ac30 (yeah, i'm spoiled... my amp broke and my buddy leaves his expensive gear at my place!) and it usually is turned up loud enough that even without the blues driver it absolutely roars! it's so powerful. i love it. i never dreamed that it'd turn out the way it did. i feel like thanking somebody, but then i was the one who had the idea, bought the guitar, did all the work... so who do i thank? i could thank God, but that seems kinda weird in this situation...

also' date=' call me dumb, but could you clarify on GAS? i'm still learning all the cool tech terms on here and that one's new....[confused[biggrin]

I also did a project myself. I think the thread is here with a couple of pictures. I wanted to make my guitar different and I did. I didn't like it that much. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyways, I painted the guitar but didn't add any poly coat or anything and the guitar wore out in a month or two of to much playing. Its not that I play really rough. I just added thin coats of paint on it. I wanted to fix it but when I did it turned out a satin finish. It was a fun project. My first project actually. I did the painting in less than a day. I got home from school and I started. It was put together and strung by next morning before going to school. Here's the thread. http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=46737#46737

Edit: There was also a Junior Mini Forum back then. It was really cool. I wish they would bring it back or start another one.

i finally did a sound check so you can hear the pups and stuff.... sorry the sound isn't that great' date=' but whatever....[/quote']

Nice sound! You also have a very cool practice room.

However, there is something I don't understand. Last week you wrote:

i pm'd him and politely explained that for at least another year i'll be confined to a wheelchair (car wreck' date=' drunk driver on the freeway), and so i like to ask questions before i actually have to wheel myself out into the world.[/quote']

I'M CURRENTLY IN A WHEELCHAIR

don't feel bad. i laugh too.

both legs broke. i'll be back in a while' date=' but it sucks for now[/quote']

i came for some free advice without having to find someone who's willing to drive me and my wheelchair to a place that is guarded by staircases' date=' doorjambs, and small aisles.[/quote']

Did I misunderstand something?

http://forums.epiphone.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14770

here's my formal apology for his actions.

thanks, old scratch, for bringing this to my attention.

i wish i could tell you all of the posts that were made by him so that you could contrast and know when it was him posting and when it was me, but i have no real way of knowing.

what i can tell you is, while he may enjoy lying and making up stories about being handicapped, he does know what he's talking about when he talks guitars. so any information he may have posted about guitars was most likely credible info.

again, i apologize.

Archived