Gibson Brands Forums

New Strings For G-400 (Super Slinkys vs. Rotosound Pinks)?

colchar

I'm a relatively new player and am still figuring out my preferences with regards to strings, etc. so I would appreciate the opinions of more experienced guitarists as to the next strings that I should put on my G-400.

I have been playing mainly Ernie Ball Super Slinkys and really like them as they feel very comfortable, bend well, etc. I am considering trying Rotosound Pinks and was wondering if anyone who has tried them would mind giving me a quick mini-review?

And for anyone who has played both, how would you rate the Rotosounds in comparison to the Super Slinkys?

And finally, I've been playing wound strings as I figured they were the best for a new guitar player but I was wondering about full nickel strings - are they worth switching to? I have been led to understand that they give a fuller tone but any other info and/or opinions on them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info provided.

I use Super Slinkys almost exclusively... I like them alot. I've used other brands, but always seem to come back to the EB's. I do use regular Slinky's sometimes, but usually Supers.

I haven't used the Rotosounds, but I can say, the only way to tell is to try them out. Strings are pretty cheap, so it wouldn't be hard to go back if you don't like them. And really, you can't go by other player's opinions anyways.. it's good to have input to work with, but ultimately you're the one who has to make the choice.

D

Archived