Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD and question regarding...

epinder

parts availability???

First, I have received a new (late 80's) EPI S-600 recently. The guitar is in fantastic shape when you consider her age.

Here are a couple of photos:

The day I received her:

EPIS600_001.jpg

EPIS600_003.jpg

EPIS600_004.jpg

After a rubdown and wax job:

EPIS600_006.jpg

She cleaned up real nice. I still need to change the strings and set it up a bit.

Now for my question; I know there are other threads regarding the S-series but when I searched I was unable to find the appropriate one. I also remember someone did a bang up job on a chart of the S-series guitars, couldn't find that either.

I need to replace a few items on the nut and maybe see about getting a tremolo bar. Does anyone her have any ideas on where I might find replacement parts for the guitar?

Hey, that was me! Charts in the sig.

As for the locknut, I gave mine to the last guy. But a Floyd Rose lock nut will sort of work. On my S-500 it matches up to one screw hole, but not the other. Works for me, but you may disagree. The Bennder locknuts are actually smaller than an FR.

Not sure where to get parts, really. I can look and see if I still have the trem arm, but have a feeling its long gone. I replaced my Bennder with a Floyd Rose. It almost matches up. You would have to drill the bridge post holes out and a little to the outside. I think the FR post distance is about 1/8" wider than the Bennder. Parts for these bridges are very hard to come by.

Also, is that a lefty?

Thank you very much.

I knew there was a great chart out there, now I have it saved. The only question I have (and I noticed it at Wiki) is that they state the S-600 has a coil tap. I wish mine did and I know it is an S-600 because the sticker is still on the guitar.

Yes it is a lefty.

I was at a shop yesterday and he had some FR parts and we noticed the locknuts were a bit to big.

I figure finding parts for a Bennder will be difficult and then compound that by searching for left handed parts, I know my search will be a long tedious trek. But then again, that's half the fun.

Thank you again for the info.

Thank you very much.

I knew there was a great chart out there' date=' now I have it saved. The only question I have (and I noticed it at Wiki) is that they state the S-600 has a coil tap. I wish mine did and I know it is an S-600 because the sticker is still on the guitar.

Yes it is a lefty.

I was at a shop yesterday and he had some FR parts and we noticed the locknuts were a bit to big.

I figure finding parts for a Bennder will be difficult and then compound that by searching for left handed parts, I know my search will be a long tedious trek. But then again, that's half the fun.

Thank you again for the info.

[/quote']

I believe that I read the coil tap was added in 1988. I thought I had that info up, but I didnt see it. I'll have to go back and find where I read that.

And, the FR locknut and a file dealy might work. Not sure about the screw sizes, but it wont hurt to try.

I believe that I read the coil tap was added in 1988. I thought I had that info up' date=' but I didnt see it. I'll have to go back and find where I read that.[/quote']

Dang, and I would love to have the coil tap too.

My Hagstrom Super Swede has a CT and I love the possibilities.

EDIT: I just visitied the chart again and noticed that when you highlight a specific model, there is more information. Silly me didn't notice this feature until now. Fantastic job you did with the info. Thank you

Archived