Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD to me :)

mrjones200x

Hey guys sold my acoustic on ebay as i got my friends one for a tenner and it plays real nice so i had 80 quid spare.

Threw in another 19pounds so for 99 quid i got myself a 2nd hand Jackson JS30KV in black!

Has a few scratches to the front and some chips on the points of the body but the headstock is sound.

Electrics work really well considering the online reviews ive seen.

Only things i gotta get from somewhere or someone is a black switch tip for the toggle switch, im guessing metric as made in india? and one string ferrule! 4mm diameter hole with 6.5 lip in chrome if anyone got a spare they wanna throw my way? Bit of a pain as i only need one and you have to order 6!

Frets are pretty good, some where but easily playable still. inotation was spot on too which surprised me. The pickups are pretty good also for stock. Can get good pinch harmonics but the natural harmonics arent as good. The guitar lacks low end compared to my gibson (mahogany) and my Ibanez (Basswood with Bare knuckle pickups too) but can get most of the way there with upping my bass on my amp.

May fit my ibanez inf3 and inf4 pickups sometime or sell them on.

So far sounds pretty good and plays pretty good. Gotta let the new strings settle now as see how she goes.

Here are the pics, sorry there so big

DSC02844.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

If i cant find a ferrule i might get a v plate instead of the ferrules as they look cool. Just need to check dimensions now lol

Me likey very much! Great deal.

One of my fave guitarists is the player most associated with the Jackson V.

If you don't listen to this band already then you'll absolutely have to get in to them.

Check out the really cool early solo and the equally good main solo in the track below.

BTW, I would highly recommend their Rude Awakening concert video to anybody

who is in to techinical guitar playing:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

The tannoys are really good speakers, loads of clarity but not for power really. Might get a bass box sort of set up to run simutanously to add some low end.

I know the usa made jacksons are great but for £99 i couldnt resist having myself a project really. I play at home and not on the stage and wanted a fixed bridge or stringthrough type for drop tunings as my ibanez with floyd is a pain to change tunings unless i get a tremol-no. The guitar just appeared so i said yes please.

Just them bits to sort now or might get a v plate instead of ferrules if it lines up.

Archived