Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Genesis BIGSBY

bobaccord

Hey guys, im new here, my name is alan, im from Argentina

I have a few questions for you guys i hope you can help me out.

I wnt to put a Gold bigsby on my epiphone Genesis. i allready know that the b70 its the one that`s going to fit in my guitar.

But i need some help about the switchs. Cos i have the Little one and the other one. i put a photo for you

31942141572302677310434.jpg

How can i do it? do i have to put something else ?? where i put the jack for input?

Thxs guys!

Cheers

You'll have to re-locate them, this is not a reversible mod. But the example brian posted shows the old holes filled so you can get the idea. You could always just omit controls if you don't want to drill the body.

You'll have to re-locate them' date=' this is not a reversible mod. But the example brian posted shows the old holes filled so you can get the idea. You could always just omit controls if you don't want to drill the body.[/quote']

What do you think of the Stetsbar Musikron? do you think that would be better/easier for this guitar? I never heard of them before reading about them on here in another topic a few days ago. I don't know how much they cost but there is one on ebay starting at $99.00. Looks to me like a great invention, I had a "Les Trem" that I bought from Stew-mac a few years ago, wasn't too bad but the design of the stetsbar seems much better.

I unfortunately can't use a stestbar without making modifications on my LP jr. or I would seriously think of bidding on one.

On my project Geni, I moved the input Jack to the side (a better location IMO) and haven't relocated the coil split switch yet. There's plenty of room though.

Now that the weather is better, I will take another shot at the lacquer. My first two attempts were not satisfactory.

Brian

PS: not sure how heavy a Stetsbar is, but anything lighter than a Bigsby would be good. A Geni is already a 10 lb. + guitar, and the Bigs will make it even more of a boat anchor.

Archived