Gibson Brands Forums

New member says Hi.

Jocko

Hello everyone. I have just found this forum. Why, with two Epiphones, it has taken me all this time to find you guys, I don't know!

I have been playing guitar for about 47 years but have not improved any for the last 45! Just aquired more lady friends.

I have a question someone may be able to help me with. I am unable to verify the PR-350's age as the serial number is not recognised anywhere I looked, but as I got it new at the end of the 80's and the serial number starts 880S............... would I be correct in assuming it was probably manufactured in 1988?

Oh and should I replace the original strings it came with?

Only kidding!!!

Welcome to the forum, and yes, replace those strings. But one word of warning: Don't try polishing an Epiphone with a Fender or Martin polishing cloth.

(Just kidding, of course. I love to go to those big-box stores and ask the clerk if I can polish a Gibson with a Fender polishing cloth. I get the weirdest looks.)

And if you've been playing 47 years, you've certainly learned a thing or two. You just don't realize it.

I thought I was given it before Jan 91 but I could be mistaken. It could have been a little later. I have attached pics and it was only after I photographed label that I realised I has serial number wrong.

SerialNumber.jpg

PR-350S.jpg

Epiheadstock.jpg

Glad to see another PR350 owner/player. Mine is a PR350E and has a s/n of 1060210 and was told it was manufactured in 1991. I recently added an EL-00 to alleviate a case of GAS. I love playing BOTH of these. They are soooooo different in sound, playability, etc. If anyone can DATE your git it's SHIP. WELSOME, Dean

Archived