Gibson Brands Forums

Tips to buy a EJ-160E

hutzleputz

Hello,

20 years ago I started playing a western guitar, than moved over to drumms.

Now I would like to play guitar again, and - don't no why - fell in love with a EJ-160E.

Especially a model, which is actually sold in ebay germany -> 160439995892

What do you think about this guitar and the offer ?

Thanks for some tips

Michael

Thats a pretty normal price, not bad for a year old model, I have a made in korea model and they are great guitars, not brilliant plugged in but awesome acoustically. I have read a couple of bad reviews on the more recent Chinese models, but you really should try before you buy with acoustics as every model differs.

Thats a pretty normal price' date=' not bad for a year old model, I have a made in korea model and they are great guitars, not brilliant plugged in but awesome acoustically. I have read a couple of bad reviews on the more recent Chinese models, but you really should try before you buy with acoustics as every model differs.[/quote']

I have a 2007 indonesian model and like Fatmo's it sounds brilliant acoustically but very low plugged in (the pick up is made to work with electric strings apparently)

looks beautiful and plays very well - might take a while to get used to the wider neck but I love mine!!

Yes, the pickup (P-100) is magnetic, and so best suited to "electric" strings. Acoustic stings will NOT sound good, with that pickup.

Play as many, of that model, as you possible can. They can vary, quite a bit, quality wise....in my experience.

Some common complaints have been loose (even missing) bracing, poor glue hiding, loose and/or uneven frets,

loose bridges, etc. So...be cautious, and "picky!"

CB

Archived