Gibson Brands Forums

My New IB TEXAN 64

ozigor

Hello all,

I have just taken delivery of my IB 64 TEXAN VS so am posting a photo.

I also posted my other Epis.

I feel like a proud father posting photos of his children.

On the IB TEXAN, I picked it up second hand although as good as new.

Just thought I should say that the finish is not as good as the Masterbilt (small lacquer imperfections, pickguard a little rough around the edges and some small colour or glue stains on the nut on the fretboard side) however the sound is beautiful.

What strings do you guys recommend??

CAn anybody tell me what finish is used on these guitars, lacquer or polymer???

Here is a link to my babies. (Hope this works as it is the first time I have used a photosharing website.)

http://picasaweb.google.fr/104874459571120849107/MesImages?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKO54GKio-c9gE#

Nice Texan there Ozigor, yours looks great in that faded Cherryburst. It does seem as though these guitars come with some minor issues attached, but if you care to put a little time and effort into them, they can be fine guitars indeed. I happen to be very pleased with mine, it has a very balanced and mellow tone to it, which is ideal for the singer songwriters amongst us. As for strings, I was particularly impressed with Elixir Nanoweb 80/20`s, when tried, although I managed to have a duff low "E" string. At the moment I`m using D`addario EXP phospher bronze, which are not bad either. The finish is poly too.

Steve.

Archived