Gibson Brands Forums

Please, Epiphone, a re re reissue version !

Well, my first post on this forum...

Hello everybody

When I saw the interview of Fred Tackett and Paul Barrere, I did'nt believe my eyes ! [blink]

What a splendid, beautiful, magnificent acoustic guitar that Epiphone Excellente ! Don't you think so ?

With that marvellous pickguard, those superb cloud inlays, oh ! It looks like it is as big as a jumbo (ej 200), but its maybe a visual effect... But let's get back to the point: I just ask all the forumers to comment this:

Do you want Epiphone to make a re re reissue (1993-1994, 1996-1997, 2010-.!.) of that sensational acoustic Excellente model ? Which cost ? How long ? A limited edition ? An elitist version ?

For me its YES at any price (approximatively the price of a high cost [or low !] masterbilt), as long as possible, some signature version maybe but an uncut normal one, just for the unaffectedness of emotion...

I already get a Hummingbird, soon a 1964 Inspired By Texan, and these is beyond all my wildest dreams !

But can I influence someone, above all Gibson ? All the forumers maybe... [biggrin]

Please comment ! On your keyboards !

Sorry for my French English, but I needed to post that. [crying]

I saw the Excellente on the Epi website and wondered why they would put it there if they were not going to reissue it.

Too much of a tease.

It is the best looking of the bunch.

I'm all for the reissue. Would buy one.

Mark

The problem if you are talking a U.S. reissue, Bozeman does not make a bracing for any of their guitars that is even similar to what Gibson used in their acoustics from 1955 to 1967. This more than likely means a spot on reproduction would be a limited run or custom shop job which means big bucks.

Archived