Gibson Brands Forums

Standard vs. Classic

chrisdove

For those not following my other thread a brief run down. About to start learning to play. Looking for my first guitar and decided on the Standard based on responses to my other post.

Anyways, ran across a real good deal on a Classic last night and just can't find any information about them. I can get this guitar for $230 with HSC. Had my more experienced cousin examine the guitar for condition and all is well on that end.

Tried searching the forums but not alot came up. Basically what differences am I looking at between the 2. Really interested in this guitar, almost wish I would not have found it as I was settled on the Standard.

As usual, thanks in advance for the replies and suggestions.

Chris

Looking for my first guitar and decided on the Standard based on responses to my other post.

Anyways' date=' ran across a real good deal on a Classic last night and just can't find any information about them. I can get this guitar for [b']$230 with HSC[/b]. Had my more experienced cousin examine the guitar for condition and all is well on that end.

Chris

GET IT!!!!!!! The LP Classic is a discontinued guitar, mostly found on Ebay nowdays,

I paid $300 for mine a couple of years ago in basically Mint condition.

It has a nice, fast slim neck, decent tone from stock pups, and for the $$$$

you'll spend on a FIRST guitar with HSC, can't go wrong if git is in good condition, as

your cousin says. CANNOT beat that price with HSC, ESPECIALLY for FIRST guitar!!!!

I play my Epi LP Classic about 70% of the time, my Favorite Guitar.

Though discontinued, here are some reviews you CAN read...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Classic-Quilt-Top?sku=518353

(or you could spend $230 on........)

whenrelicsgobad.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_0308.jpg

100_0468.jpg

100_0197.jpg

@metal guru - Sorry bout that - it is a LP

@animalfarm - Thanks for the advise, researching now on the link given. The Classic looks exactly like the one in this photo except it does not have the pickup covers and it has a pickguard. There are no nicks or dimples on the guitar, a few light scratches on the back when held at the right angle, no visible cracks in the neck.

100_0308.jpg

Just like the amp in my other post this is one of those deals where someone owes me money and is wanting to pay it off with this.

Thanks for the help guys.................

Chris

Archived