Gibson Brands Forums

Slash sig LP. Have I been done?

Epihead

Been looking for one of the above for ages and finally got one on ebay this weekend. Now got it home and am not too happy with the sound. It has heavy and very dirty strings on which doesn't help but what worries me most is that the pickups don't look exactly like the ones on the Epi web site. Not sure how best to explain but in the official pictures the seymour duncans seem to have a row of screw heads on one half of each pickup and just plain heads on the other half. On my guitar there are no screw heads at all. Do Seymour Duncans vary at all or have the originals been replaced? Please help, I feel sick about it at the minute LOL.

Most pickups have the screws on one side for adjusting individual pole pieces so wierd not having them?

Can you post some pics?

Did it come with the slash hard case?

If your gonna change the strings then undo the 4 screws that hold on the pickup mounting ring and lift the pickup out of the cavity and it should have some markings on it stating what it is. Most big manufacturers have something written on them.

Thanks for the reply, i do have some pics but being a techno numpty i don't know how to get them on here. I'll have a look now as i've just taken off the strings, just noticed a big dent in the fretboard too! Happy days

can post pics up later but questions for others on what i see,

Do the kluson style tuners have anything written on them normally? these are plain with no markings. Bottom 2 tuners are slightly misaligned but not on the piss offset to the top 2

can tell nothing from the back shot.

The smaller pic of the front shows no adjustable pole pieces which is not like SD pickups.

Thanks i'll give it a go. Just had a look at the back of the pup and just an 'F' stamped faintly into the metal. Not lookin good ay?

There's a lot of fake Slash LPs out there' date=' and the most obvious tell are the pickups. The fakes have pickups with slugs on both coils, the Duncan Alnico Pro IIs have your standard one coil with screws one with slugs configuration. Check out Slash Details. Click details on the top, then click on the red and gold circles, you'll get good quality closeups to compare with your guitar.

Send it back for a refund, if they give you a hard time, file a complaint with eBay and PayPal.

I'm gutted. Is it worth me putting some proper pups in? What is it likely to actually be? Can't believe I fell for it' date=' checked the serial number and everything before buying[/quote']

No, try to get your money back. They cheated you. If they won't refund your money, file a complaint with eBay & PayPal. Just document everything and keep all the records...

Archived