Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Maestro SG?

GladToBeBack

The neck is listed as a bolt on, I know my Epi is not a bolt on. They have a single cutaway carvetop (Les Paul) and it looks nicer than the Epi Lp Special II...but looks and plays are two different things.

I am very happy with my Epi, I was justr browsing the Used Gear of GC's website and came across this guitar. I had never seen or heard of it before. Another learning experience I guess.

Wow' date=' so...introductory Gibby's. Similar to a first act just made way better?

[/quote']

I wouldn't say that. The Maestros I've seen have been decent at best. First Act guitars get a bad name, for some reason. Those I've played have been nice enough for what they cost.

It's a total crapshot-

My local Costco has those, by the dozens, and whipped around in the warehouse by kids driving forklifts.

It's a low level budget entry instrument for parents that want to indulge their children, cheaper than a piano, and much easier to dispose of.

I'm not knocking them, but realize what they are, is all I'm saying.

It's a total crapshot-

My local Costco has those' date=' by the dozens, and whipped around in the warehouse by kids driving forklifts.

It's a low level budget entry instrument for parents that want to indulge their children, cheaper than a piano, and much easier to dispose of.

I'm not knocking them, but realize what they are, is all I'm saying.

[/quote']

I think you are right, wasn't this the line that first was marketed for BestBuy? (along with Starcasters) before they got into the higher end stuff?

• 9 years later...