Gibson Brands Forums

Decent Epiphone Riviera wanted

Hi,

I have a Japanese 1983 Wine Red Matsomuka made Riviera-with the stop bar & full humbuckers, like Noel Gallaghers of Oasis,and looking for a different sounding Riviera.

I'm on the lookout for a second hand Riviera with the frequensator tailpiece either with New York Mini Humbuckers - ideally a nice peerless Korean version before Epiphone made them in China /a Korean Nick Valensi model Riviera, or possibly an Elitist model Riviera.

I live in England -and wondered if anyone had one of the above they might consider selling. I keep looking out for any of the above but don't seem to find any.

Any help would be appreciated /or advice

John

This could be a solution.........

http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_riviera_limited_edtion_ch.htm

:)

Peter

Yeah, and it's even got the vintage correct (Riviera) inlay, in the headstock, for a change!

I think they're Chinese made (probably Qingdao). If the quality is anything like my P-93

Riviera LE (Also Qingdao made), it should be outstanding! The body shape, looks to be

more like the pre-'66 vintage ones, too.

Wish we could get those, over here!!! ;>)

Good luck!

CB

Wish we could get those' date=' over here!!! ;>)[/quote']

Just got me one, see my other thread :) And to be honest: I prefer this one over the P-93 (which I considered to buy first, but then it suddenly was sold out before I made my decision). For me the dark cherry red finish and chrome hardware are a perfect mixture. It just looks gorgeous in person.

Archived