Gibson Brands Forums

Strings

JTR410

Does anyone know what the thickest gauge string on the Low E can be for the Synapse SS-2F and the ST-2FPA? This would be helpful to know if you can't get a hold of Steinberger Doubleball strings and have to resort to using an off brand single ball set of strings. Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know what the thickest gauge string on the Low E can be for the Synapse SS-2F and the ST-2FPA? This would be helpful to know if you can't get a hold of Steinberger Doubleball strings and have to resort to using an off brand single ball set of strings. Thanks for the info!

No worry. The neck on the Synapse is sturdy enough to handle any set of guitar strings on the market currently. You may need to adjust the neck relief for a major change in gauge.

Dave Rowe

www.daverowemusic.com

www.myspace.com/daverowetrio

www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Rowe-Trio/6537072774

www.youtube.com/user/daverowe

Just in case you plan on putting a set of baritone strings on your transcale, I found that a 72-gauge 6th string did not fit through the headpiece. I had to do some... "adjusting" let's say (which definitely did not involve a power drill...) to make the string fit through. It seems to work fine now, though.

Sweet! Yeah I was thinking about slapping on the Bari set offered by Ernie Ball (12-73)...But who knows, lately I've been thinking about just using a Not Even Slinky set (12-56) and just playing in Drop C. I believe Drop A would be overkill...and the other band members would have a hard time adjusting, not to mention we'd no longer need the bass player. Thanks!

No worry. The neck on the Synapse is sturdy enough to handle any set of guitar strings on the market currently. You may need to adjust the neck relief for a major change in gauge.

Dave Rowe

www.daverowemusic.com

www.myspace.com/daverowetrio

www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Rowe-Trio/6537072774

www.youtube.com/user/daverowe

LOL, The neck on the Synapse is sturdy enough to handle a whole Ned Steinberger himself =P

I received this from Gibson Support:

Maximum diameters for conventional single ball strings for the Synapse and Z-Series are, from the low string to the high string:

inches

I received this from Gibson Support:

Maximum diameters for conventional single ball strings for the Synapse and Z-Series are' date=' from the low string to the high string:

inches

.038 [/quote']

That should be just about enough for drop C.

Archived